Techmate 7000: Toy Story Lego Minifigure Alarm Clock

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Toy Story Lego Minifigure Alarm Clock



We all know that Lego has a Minifigure Alarm Clock that looks like Anakin Skywalker, so it seems smart of the company to branch off with other Lego franchises as well.
I would think that Lego would have tried other franchises like Harry Potter or Indiana Jones. However, a lot of people like the Toy Story Lego toys. For me, I just don’t see the logic of making toys out of toys.
As you can see, the Woody and Buzz Lightyear alarm clocks are posable like the young Darth Vader one. They have an LCD display on their chests, and Woody has the set buttons on his back while Buzz has them on his chest plate. As for the Snooze button, the user just pushes on Woody’s hat or Buzz’s helmet.
Just between you and me, I don’t think that Buzz’s wings retract. I wonder if these are those talking alarm clocks that wake the kid up by talking to them. They used to make those when I was a kid, and I believe they were pretty expensive. I remember the Dukes of Hazard and Batman and Robin ones off the top of my head.
As for Buzz and Woody, they are available for pre-order at Firebox.com for $40.

No comments:

Post a Comment