Techmate 7000: AutoVue Lane Departure Warning System – Because we need all the help we can get

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

AutoVue Lane Departure Warning System – Because we need all the help we can get





I don’t know about anyone else, but every single time I get in my car to go anywhere, I feel like I am risking life and limb. I guess I really am. I know that each time I arrive at my destination in one piece, I feel like I’ve won the lottery.
I’m pleased that someone is working to make our roads a little safer, Iteris’ AutoVue Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system consists of a camera, an on board computer and image recognition software that can detect when a commercial or passenger vehicle starts drifting off the road or out of a lane, when an unintended lane change starts to occur, the unit automatically emits an audible warning sound, similar to a rumble strip noise, alerting the driver to get back to the business of driving.
In addition to its lane departure system, Iteris sensors also offers forward Collision Warning systems and blind spot warning systems. Now if they could just make an idiot warning system that would stop some folks from driving altogether, we could all breathe a collective sigh of relief.
The system is available as both an OEM and aftermarket option and can be easily installed within a few hours. Almost anything that improves vehicle safety is worth a try in my book.
AutoVue is already available as part of an option package on selected Infiniti vehicles

No comments:

Post a Comment