Techmate 7000: Hands on with two Kensington Laptop Locking Devices

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Hands on with two Kensington Laptop Locking Devices



If you are like me, then you are worried about your laptop getting stolen. Fortunately, I live in a small town, and I usually can usually leave my laptop at the table of a coffee shop while I’m in the bathroom with minimal worry.
Kensington has recently allowed me to review two of their products that bring some laptop locking insurance. The first is the ClickSafe Keyed Twin Laptop Lock (top left). This kit includes this tiny knob thing that installs into the external casing of the laptop. You can then run the included chain to it and have something like a bike lock for your laptop.
The second product is the Laptop Locking Station (bottom left), and this is made for those places where a laptop is a more permanent feature. This is designed to be screwed into the table, and the two prongs can fit around the screen under lock and key.
As I mentioned before, I feel more secure using the ClickSafe in a public place. I might even risk using it at a coffee shop in Las Vegas if I’m feeling daring and on-the-go at the same time.
You should be able to purchase  at the Kensington site for $69.99, and the Laptop Locking Station  for $79.99.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment